Computer Programming Classes
by Merrick J. Stemen :: Phone (850)457-0603 :: Email firstname.lastname@example.org
How Programming Can Help Your Child
My years of experience have taught me that students often have a mentality that
computer programming is a hard subject that is very difficult to master;
however, I have found that with a little guidance, students can quickly learn to
recognize what is important to look for in learning a new programming language.
Once a student knows what to look for and how programming languages work,
they can approach every new language with confidence, and they can quickly put
the new language to work for them to accomplish their desired goals.
Some Benefits of Learning to Program
- Early experience with programming languages will better prepare those
who may consider going into a computer-related field in the future.
- Students who enjoy programming, like those who enjoy reading, will usually
get a much better value out of computer-related coursework later in life.
- Computer programming can heighten a child's interest in other technical subjects
such as mathematics and science or engineering.
- Learning HTML can give a child a skill that can quickly be put to use in such
- Personal web sites to showcase the child's work
- Family web sites to share information with friends and family members
- Students could possibly help out with a church or family business website
- I have had opportunity to teach computer courses to students with a wide
variety of interests--from artists to engineers--and all of them can benefit in some way from becoming more familiar with computer technology.
Drill and Practice
Another big benefit of knowing how to write computer programs is that your
child can begin to write his own drill and quiz programs in the
other subjects he studies. This will benefit not only your child, but any
siblings he might have as well.
Computer programs that present multiple choice tests and exercises are
easy to write, and can apply to a large variety of subject areas.
Subjects That Could Benefit
From Computer Quizzes and Drills
- Mathematics -- Basic Math, Arithmetic, Algebra, Geometry, Trigonometry, Calculus
- English -- Capitalization, Punctuation, Grammar, Literature
- History -- Names, Places, Dates, Order of Events
- Science -- Basic Science, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Astronomy
- Health -- Hygiene, Manners, Safety, First Aid, Nutrition
- Bible -- Memorization, Doctrine, Evangelism, Facts
- Engineering -- Mechanics, Electronics
- And of course: Computer Programming
- And many more!
Click here to go back to the main page!
If you have questions, or would like to schedule sessions contact us!